PREP 10 min | TOTAL 55 min
This baked dish is perfect for dinner on a cool Autumn or Winter night. Make sure the veal is cut thin. If you have to buy the veal already packaged (versus asking your butcher to cut it for you) then it’s okay to beat it with a mallet (no one will cry) until it’s the thickness you want.
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 700 g veal thin
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 28 oz tomato sauce
- Sprinkle dry oregano, basil leaves
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- COMBINE egg, water, salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- MIX bread crumbs & Parmesan cheese on a plate.
- CUT veal into serving pieces. Dip each piece in egg mixture then breadcrumb mixture.
- FRY coated veal in oil, with a pan on medium heat, brown both sides and then place in large shallow baking dish.
- POUR tomato sauce spice mixture over top.
- PLACE cheese slice onto each piece. Bake covered in 350F oven for 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 5 minutes.
- SERVE over your favorite pasta.