PREP 20 min | TOTAL 60 min
I’ll never forget the day I met this soup. It was love at first bite. We were over at my wife’s friend’s house for dinner with the kids. She served this homemade creamy mushroom soup that was peppery with a slight taste of lemon. Tears of happiness welled in my eyes… okay, sorry a little much, but I can honestly say I have, to this day, never tasted such a fantastic soup. My rating 10/10!
- 500 g fresh mushrooms
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp green onion diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups chicken stock (vegetarian)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- SLICE mushrooms finely, then combine with lemon juice.
- MELT butter in large soup pot, add green onions and sauté.
- ADD mushrooms, bay leaf, time and cook.
- STIR frequently until liquid completely evaporates,
- BLEND in cream, chicken stock & pepper and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- DISSOLVE cornstarch in H2O and add to soup, simmer for 20 minutes.
- LADLE into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
- MAKES 42 oz. | PER 6 oz. 283 calories, 6 g protein, 8 g carb, 27 g fat, 139 mg sodium, 94 mg cholesterol.