PREP 20 min | TOTAL 60 min
I’ll never forget the day I met this soup. It was love at first bite . We were over at my wife’s friend’s house for dinner with the kids. She served this home made creamy mushroom soup that was peppery with a slight taste of lemon. Tears of happiness welled in my eyes… okay, sorry a little much, but I can honestly say I have, to this day, never tasted such a fantastic soup. My rating 10/10!
- 500 g fresh mushrooms
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp green onion diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups chicken stock (vegetarian)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- SLICE mushrooms finely, then combine with lemon juice.
- MELT butter in large soup pot, add green onions and sauté.
- ADD mushrooms, bay leaf, time and cook.
- STIR frequently until liquid completely evaporates,
- BLEND in cream, chicken stock & pepper and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- DISSOLVE cornstarch in H2O and add to soup, simmer for 20 minutes.
- LADLE into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
- MAKES 42 oz. | PER 6 oz. 283 calories, 6 g protein, 8 g carb, 27 g fat, 139 mg sodium, 94 mg cholesterol.